Product Marketing Manager, Platform
Slack is seeking a thoughtful product marketer to join our platform marketing team. What do we mean when we say “platform”? Well, a huge part of what makes Slack successful (and sticky) is our open platform that allows thousands of 3rd party tools and services like Asana, Zendesk, Jira, ADP, Salesforce and more to integrate deeply with Slack, easing the amount of time and effort it takes to get work done.
In order for our platform to continue to be successful, especially as our users continuously shift towards non-technical roles, we need to make sure the way users interact with 3rd party tools inside of slack is intuitive, simple, and most importantly, helpful. That’s where you come in.
The primary focus of this role is to understand user needs, understand the magic of our platform, and bring the two together in order to increase usage of apps. You’d lead the charge on bringing new features to market and developing educational initiatives that drive deep adoption.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, fearless, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- You'll drive deeper adoption of our platform through product marketing.
- You'll develop a deep understanding of users needs through user research, gathering customer feedback, analyzing usage metrics, and conducting competitive research.
- You will surface actionable user insights the product team and other cross functional teammates including developer relations and business development.
- You'll validate product direction, messaging, and positioning through usability studies and customer betas.
- Develop methodology to track and measure the impact of new features.
- You will own go-to-market strategy for new features including messaging, positioning, customer education, and launch activities that drive sustained adoption.
- You'll create customer facing educational materials that drive feature adoption.
- You'll work closely with cross functional teams across product, marketing, sales, business development, user research, analytics, throughout the product development cycle as well as with sales and marketing to deepen platform usage.
What you should have
- 5+ years in marketing, 2+ years of experience in product marketing.
- Understanding of product marketing, including user research, measurement, planning, crafting positioning/messaging, user product education, and developing creative assets (e.g., website content, videos, presentations).
- Track record of developing marketing strategies that deepen user engagement.
- Partner with and influence cross-functional teams.
- Comfort with ambiguity and proven ability to make informed decisions when the answers aren’t immediately clear.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about complex issues leading to thoughtful recommendations and action plans.
- Analytical and metrics-driven, comfortable finding and digging into data and teasing out insights.
- BA/BS degree preferred.
- Nice to have: Tool Geek! Love testing out new apps, tools, and services to learn how they work and make your work life a bit simpler.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.