Senior Solutions Marketing Manager
Slack is looking for a Senior Solutions Marketing Manager to lead programs to grow our line-of-business (LoB) marketing efforts.
In this role, you'll demonstrate your experience developing audience insights, personas, and buyer journeys, developing and validating messaging, and driving integrated program strategies to bring those insights and messaging to life. You’ll show you are strategic, creative, and an excellent communicator who can describe complex ideas simply.
This is a high visibility role in which it will be crucial to build trust and partnership with other marketers in addition to colleagues in Sales, Customer Success, Sales Enablement, Events, Demand Generation, and Business Development.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
Insight Development, Positioning, and Messaging
- Develop compelling, differentiated messaging and positioning, with a deep understanding of the target customer and the core capabilities of Slack
- Partner with User Research to identify and validate key market segments and personas to pursue
- Establish and maintain a set of LoB decision maker journeys for buyers in Human Resources, Sales, Customer Service & Support, Engineering, and Marketing
Program and Content Strategy
- Drive cross functional, integrated programs with Brand, Demand Gen and Events teams to build awareness and increase consideration among LoB decision makers
- Lead content strategy for LoBs, partnering with internal content team and agencies to execute
- Partner with the Competitive Intelligence team to develop supporting sales assets; act as our inspiring leader and expert in the space for targeted LoB personas
- Partner with sales enablement to drive awareness of new solutions content to accelerate sales cycles and ensure a constant feedback loop to drive future content needs
What you should have
- 7+ years marketing experience
- 2+ years of relevant domain expertise working for an enterprise software company
- Ability to connect technical concepts with customer value and express it succinctly
- Ability to craft clear and compelling messages as well as willingness to roll up your sleeves to build externally-facing assets and internal deliverables
- Highly-proactive, self-starter capable of independently leading several projects with limited direction
- Familiarity with qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Strong presentation skills with ability to educate and inspire small groups and conference audiences
- A love for storytelling in a simple, thoughtful, and visual manner
- Bachelor's degree is required
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.