Manager, Sales Development
Slack is on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive. We are looking for highly motivated Sales Development Manager to build and lead our Denver sales team.
Our culture is the north star that guides how we work together and with our customers. Are you looking to build something greater than yourself? Do you want to work alongside some of the most talented and dynamic people in the industry? If so, Slack just might be the place for you.
We'll help you build your career in Sales while you collaborate with a diverse team of talented individuals. If you are a self-starter who is deeply passionate about customer happiness, read on.
We are searching for an exceptional Manager of Sales Development to set up and manage our Denver team of business development representatives (BDRs). The Sales Development Manager will set team goals, motivate and develop team members, and work closely with sales and marketing leaders. This person needs to communicate effectively across multiple departments, have the ability to shift gears at a moment's notice, and enjoy the challenges of providing excellent customer service in a dynamic environment.
This is a role for both experienced and up-and-coming sales leaders who are passionate about the opportunity to join one of the fastest growing technology startups globally.
- Recruit, lead and develop a team of BDRs, applying best practices to produce maximum results
- Assist the Head of Sales Development in determining the process, playbooks, career paths and appropriate measurements for BDRs
- Develop a highly scalable yet personal outbound outreach strategy
- Work with Sales Managers and Executives toward common goals of pipeline generation
- Utilize quantitative methods to measure, manage, and optimize efforts and allocation of resources
- Identify and make recommendations for improvement in the areas of process, efficiency, and productivity
- Maintain focus and commitment on assigned targets
- Help build a fun, high energy environment where people love coming to work
- Desire to lead, coach and develop others around you. You have a passion for developing talent and coaching a team to success
- Relevant experience in a hands-on lead generation role, driving key metrics and daily activity, preferably in a SaaS organization
- Consistent track record in achieving and exceeding targets in a closing role
- Desire for developing new business opportunities
- Ability to forecast your business – lead conversion data through to pipeline build and win rates
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You can adapt easily to a rapidly-changing environment
- Bachelor's degree required
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.