Broadcast Engineer, IT Media Operations
As a Broadcast Engineer on the Media Operations team at Slack, you will work closely with the team to ensure all production equipment is maintained and configured to meet the needs of all live events hosted by Slack. Ensuring the overall health of our audio and video technologies, will be essential to making us all more productive by enabling us to connect in a richer and more meaningful way. In this role, you will have the opportunity to excel at designing and building robust AV systems to support the business and to collaborate with multi-functional teams.
You will report to the Manager of Media Operations and you will be based at global our headquarters in San Francisco. Your team provides the technology and IT Support that makes our employees more effective. Your focus will include, yet is not limited to: video conferencing, live event support, video production, post-production, digital signage, way-finding kiosks, SaaS applications and integrations with Slack and other tools. The role will require some level of (roughly 20%) travel as needed.
- Responsible for technology within the Slack Event, Training & Studio spaces as well as remote location setups for live events.
- The setup and configuration of new technology. This would include documentation and training and well as system maintenance, patching and upgrades.
- Maintain access control permissions for production equipment and systems in addition to inventory and configuration documentation.
- Broadcast Routing & Production Switcher Configurations. Audio DSP configurations and tuning. Running production control stations on KVM.
- Ensuring production Intercom is available at any office location. Management of ingest and play-out devices. Shared storage management (NAS).
- Serve as the point of contact for network related issues and also operate as EIC (Engineer in Charge) during high profile broadcasts.
- Ability to comfortably step into other production roles as needed (Audio Console, Video Switch, Stream Eng, Cam operator, etc).
- Lead maintenance schedules and assist in the continuous improvement of our video conferencing and digital signage ecosystem to ensure seamless experience across offices.
- 6+ years in A/V engineering roles, specifically focused on live broadcast.
- Experience with systems across multiple locations (ideally globally).
- BA/BS, or relevant experience.
- Experience in a dynamic, fast-growing environment.
- Ability to clearly and simply explain complex technical concepts.
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.