Slack is looking for a pleasant, supportive, and exceptionally talented senior paralegal to help assist Slack with a variety of corporate, intellectual property and commercial matters.
As a member of the Legal team, you’ll work closely with corporate, IP, product and commercial attorneys, as well as their cross-functional friends in Tax, Accounting, Finance, Program Management, Business Systems and Corporate Development. This is a special opportunity for the right candidate, with a potential for growth. We’re just getting started! And we’re nice.
- Work with lawyers in the preparation for, and closing of, various corporate transactions.
- Assist in the preparation of documents, filings and registrations required to form and maintain entities and to comply with law.
- Provide support to Legal, Finance, Accounting, Tax and other internal teams to ensure proper compliance and corporate governance guidelines are met.
- Regularly draft board and shareholder resolutions, meeting minutes, powers of attorney, disclosure schedules, officer certificates, and incorporation documents.
- Assist in the management of Slack’s patent and trademark portfolios.
- Manage the process of obtaining compliance training certifications and acknowledgements from employees, including implementation of necessary online tools.
- Work with commercial lawyers to manage contracts and catalogue key terms.
- Help the Legal team scale by designing and implementing process improvements, and to help drive our growth and capture new learnings. Then, iterate again.
- Assist with other projects and needs as they arise, such as immigration and litigation matters.
- Experience supporting various stages of corporate transactions.
- Experience preparing, organizing, filing and maintaining domestic and international corporate, tax and statutory documents.
- General corporate experience, including experience with entity maintenance and an understanding of corporate governance best practices.
- 6+ years of corporate paralegal experience in either big firm or a sophisticated in-house legal department focusing on corporate work.
- Bachelor’s degree or paralegal certificate.
- High integrity and excellent judgment, supported by a point of view that is thought out and communicated well.
- Entrepreneurial mindset that enables you to successfully work independently with little guidance, but also to use good judgment and escalate issues when needed.
- Must be able to work out of our beautiful office in San Francisco.
‘Nice To Have’
- Experience in the administration and management of patent and trademark portfolios.
- Contracts management experience.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.