Revenue Accounting Operations Manager
Reporting to the Director of Revenue Accounting Operations, you will be part of the Revenue team that promotes consistent revenue recognition practices and ensures that Slack reports revenue in accordance with US generally accepted accounting practices.
You will translate the company’s go-to-market strategies into sustainable order-to-cash process and ensure revenue for all billings are accurately recorded in accordance with ASC 606.
You will be in charge of the monthly close process and ensure that billings and all revenue related accounts are reconciled and timely reported. This includes adequately reserving for bad debt and accrue for credits that the company may owe to the customer, based on Slack’s Fair Billing policy and uptime guarantee.
As part of the Revenue Accounting team, you will also be a key stakeholder in designing processes, SOX controls and work on continuously improving system and process flows to support our high-growth core business and new business initiatives.
You will coach and mentor revenue accountants and work closely with Revenue other key functions including order management, technical accounting, and deal desk, as well as collection.
Your role will interact with a lot of people from Sales, Sales Operations, IT, and Legal, so ideally, you will be a team player who is hands-on, process driven, highly detail-oriented, and cares about continuous improvement, always striving to make things better.
Sound interesting? Come work at Slack, we’re nice!
You will be:
- Responsible over month-end and quarter-end accounting close process, related fluctuation analysis, and other reporting requirements
- Working with auditors on compliance reviews, yearly annual audit, VSOE/BESP testing, and revenue disclosures
- Collaborating with Business Systems and Engineers to continuously improve the Order-to-Cash process
- Identifying issues that may result in adverse revenue recognition impact and work with respective teams to address root causes
- Helping establish Standalone Value of Slack’s services
- Ensuring Revenue is accurately recorded, including appropriate revenue allocation in multiple-element arrangements
You will need:
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting or similar degree required
- CPA preferred
- At least 5 years of relevant revenue recognition experience and or Big 4 experience
- Working knowledge of ASC 606
- Advanced Excel skills (vLookup, pivot tables, etc.)
- Experience with revenue automation tools (RevPro, Rev Stream, Workday Revenue Management, Netsuite Advance Revenue Management, etc.) a plus
- Experience in Slack platform a plus
- Experience with Workday Financials a plus
- Excel in working across various cross-functional teams
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.