Reporting to the Credit and Collections Manager, you will play a key role in Slack’s Order-to-Cash process where your primary responsibilities will be ensuring timely collection of receivables from your assigned client portfolio.
You will be critical in this role as you will be providing support to sales from the collections perspective – ensuring accounts are current and issues addressed timely to minimize past due accounts and to minimize order delays. You will interact closely with the Billing team to resolve invoicing issues/disputes and coordinate with cash applications to ensure proper customer records.
Ideally, you will be motivated to learn all aspects of the collections process as we are committed to your success and want to help you achieve your career goals by investing time in your professional growth and development.
Be prepared to work in a fun, fast-paced, and dynamic environment.
Come work at Slack, we’re nice!
- Establish and maintain client relationships (internal and external) providing world-class service for every transaction and interaction
- Contact clients proactively to prevent past due account balances
- Coordinate effective resolution of past due invoices and escalate customer issues with internal stakeholders
- Resolve unapplied payments or misapplied payments for assigned accounts
- Review, compile and ensure completion of necessary account adjustments, write-offs, and offsets of credit memos or unapplied payments
- Maintain and update account records for changes to customer information such as name changes, bill-to, and ship-to addresses, etc.
- Research and resolve account discrepancies in a timely manner
- Assist billing team when needed to ensure accurate and timely billing and coordinate discussions
You should have:
- Associate or Bachelor (preferred) degree in business discipline – Accounting, Finance, Business Administration
- 1+ years of business-to-business collections and/or customer experience/service
- Excellent customer experience/service skills while working to resolve payment issues
- Superior oral and written communication skills when communicating with internal and external parties
- Strong analytical skills supported by sound reasoning and logic
- Proven ability to set daily priorities and work within given deadlines
- Thrives in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment and is flexible and adaptable to competing priorities
- A promoter of teamwork to accomplish group goals
- Experience with Salesforce.com and Workday Financials (or similar systems) preferred
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.