Account Executive, Mid Market Sales
Account Executive, Mid Market Sales
We are looking for an Account Executive to join our Sales team and focus on our Mid Market customers in Japan. This segment represents a huge opportunity for Slack and we want someone who is eager to do the best work of their lives while supporting others in doing the same.
You will be responsible for driving the sales process with prospective customers as well as the expansion of existing accounts. You will work closely with our customers to understand their business objectives and act as their trusted guide for using Slack most effectively. You’ll also work with cross-functional teams to help align our product roadmap and marketing materials with customer feedback.
If you enjoy working with customers from a variety of industries in a rapidly changing environment, then come and join us! We’re nice.
- Educate customers on the value of Slack in a thoughtful way
- Provide recommendations based on a customer’s business needs and usage patterns
- Manage multiple customers simultaneously at various stages of the Slack buying cycle
- Handle inbound customer communication and organize/escalate issues appropriately including billing, legal, security, and technical inquiries
- Drive revenue through proactive outreach to existing customers
- Serve as the voice of the customer and collect feedback to drive continuous improvement across all areas including product
- You are fluent in both Japanese and English
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in both languages
- You have 3+ years relevant work experience in an account management or sales role, preferably in SaaS
- You are a self-motivated teammate that can act independently
- You take an active interest in opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships
- You have a consistent track record of identifying customer needs and successfully implementing solutions
- You have a proven track record of managing large scale accounts for the duration of the sales cycle and beyond
- You are flexible, adaptive, and resilient
- You have a post-secondary degree
Slack is a team communication tool. It brings together all of your team communications in one place, instantly searchable and available wherever you go. Launched in February, 2014 it is now the fastest growing B2B application ever and used by over 8 million daily active users. Our investors include Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, The Social + Capital Partnership, KPCB and Google Ventures.
We're a San Francisco-based company founded by core members of the original Flickr team. Our mission is to make people's working lives easier, simpler, and more enjoyable.
Compensation is competitive and includes equity and benefits.
Slack Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.