Research Program Manager
Slack is hiring a Program Manager to work with our Research and Analytics team in San Francisco. You will build and oversee programs in partnership with team members that allow the team to efficiently scale, as well as owning operational parts of the research process. Programs include anything from Rolling Research, which provides usability support to teams across Slack, to managing councils that enable us to talk with hard-to-reach audiences. This is an exciting role that will give you exposure and experience working with various product teams as well as opportunities to build relationships with and work with various vendors.
The Research & Analytics team aims to improve product value throughout the customer experience by understanding the how and why of team workflows, communication processes and cultures. We provide data at every stage of the product development cycle. In addition to conducting a variety of practical and impactful research, you're building and maintaining the strong user-centered culture at Slack.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you’ll be doing
- Identify team needs with regards to process, tools, and documentation
- Partner with the Head of Research Operations, Head of Research and Analytics, and senior leaders on the team to drive necessary improvements to ensure our team is working efficiently
- Oversee the recruiting process for research studies, including our in-house UX lab in San Francisco
- Oversee vendor relationships in partnership with researchers and analysts
- Be an internal evangelist for customer and product research
What you should have
- 2-5 years of industry experience*
- Experience with program management at a fast-paced work environment
- Proven experience as a highly effective collaborator, communicator, and project manager
- Willingness to get your hands dirty
* Through trial and error we've learned that people don't apply unless we provide a guideline. But what’s more important to us than a number are the experiences you’ve had, and the skills you’ve developed, regardless of the length of time it took you to get where you are. Have 20+ years? Awesome, please apply. Have only 2 years, but feel you meet the requirements above? Great, please apply.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.