Release Manager, Desktop
At Slack, 8 million users rely on us every single day to get their work done, and we take this responsibility seriously. We are seeking an experienced Senior Release Manager to drive release programs for Slack’s Windows, Mac, and Linux applications. As Slack grows, it is critical that we develop repeatable, predictable, and scalable methods to release our application safely into production.
In this role, you will partner with product, quality, operations, and development teams to define, build, and scale release processes and capabilities. You understand the benefits of moving quickly and can champion release methodology across the organization. You make decisions that are fair and consistent, with an eye toward velocity, stability, and scale. You thrive when given the chance to create systems and have a customer-centric mindset.
As a founding member of the desktop release program, you’ll have a rare opportunity to make a huge impact at Slack by helping to develop a release management discipline that builds customer trust and developer confidence.
What you will be doing
- Identify and drive technical and process improvement opportunities, and work across multiple teams and functions to lead the execution of release programs and projects
- Continuously improve release tooling and process to drive predictability and enhance confidence
- Build and maintain internal documentation on release programs to ensure everyone is operating from the most recent and accurate information
- Reliably deliver frequent, stable, and predictable desktop releases
- Measure, monitor, and communicate release metrics internally
- Communicate status and schedules, manage risks, evaluate trade-offs, and call out impediments
What you should have
- You are a leader and can help define the strategy, vision, and roadmap for Release Management at Slack
- You have expert-level knowledge of release methodologies and can create new programs and processes
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with sufficient level of technical capability to effectively communicate with engineers, scope technical projects, and identify technical risks
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and experience leading activities across large organizations
- You have experience leading release management for Windows, Mac, and Linux desktop applications with millions of users
- Proficient in Git, Github, SQL, data analytics, Grafana, and real time monitoring software
- Expertise managing app store submissions for Mac and/or Windows
- Ability to work independently and communicate across multiple time zones
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.