Manager, People Systems (Workday)
As Manager, People Systems, you will build and grow a team that implements and supports the business technology enabling the People Organization at Slack. You will use your business acumen plus your expertise in the newest technologies to provide creative solutions to hire, develop and retain the best talent. You will partner closely with various functions to understand business needs and help gain a competitive advantage. You will grow and manage a team of Business Systems Analysts who are focused on delivering results and top-notch customer engagement.
Your real passion for innovation will fuel creative solutions that showcase how Slack makes employees lives simpler, more pleasant and productive. You will make meaningful contributions to the success of the IT organization as you will help grow our brand.
If reading all this has made you scream to yourself, “YES, this IS my dream job!“, please send us your resume so that we explore further.
- Hire, manage and develop Business Systems Analysts while being actively involved in running and growing business initiatives, as a team member as well as a coach.
- Provide strategic planning and management to teams of Analysts who deliver technology solutions for impacting every employee at Slack.
- Establish and adhere to best practices in business systems analysis, design and test to ensure team is providing exceptional quality work and is continuously gaining everyone's trust.
- Partner with other IT teams to align technology decisions, development standards, and overall strategy.
- Partner with business functions to ensure value is delivered through innovative and effective solutions.
- 5+ years of experience as a people manager and coach in the field of Business Systems in a truly fast paced environment.
- 10+ years hands-on experience implementing and supporting business systems.
- Passionate about developing and retaining talent and enabling top performance.
- Growth learner with a real passion for technology and for making things run better.
- Ability to influence senior leaders and help in making sound decisions.
- Have proven trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both non-technical and technical parties.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.