Customer Experience Operations Manager, Learning & Analytics
At Slack, we consider extraordinary customer support essential to our success. Slack's global Customer Experience Operations team plays a critical role in managing tools, processes, analytics, and educational programs for our Customer Experience department so that they can be effective in providing an exceptional level of service to the people who use our product.
As one of three CE Operations Managers in this team, you’ll oversee our analysts and our learning program staff. Through coaching this group of senior-level staff in San Francisco and Vancouver, you’ll help our department derive meaningful insights from our data, and help us use these insights to inform meaningful onboarding and learning programs that empower our global support teams. You’ll be an important voice within CE’s global management team, and an empowering coach for your team as they tackle day to day challenges. You’ll need to be an action-oriented leader who can spot what needs to be done, prioritize tasks for your team, and mobilize the group to accomplish department goals. You’re able to do all of this because of your strong leadership presence, analytical problem-solving abilities, and openly collaborative nature.
Taking this job is an opportunity to do the best work of your life and support others in doing the same. Interested in joining us?
What you will be doing
- You’ll oversee four Analytics and Learning staff members situated in our San Francisco and Vancouver offices, and report to CE’s Director of Operations.
- You’ll take an active role in the development of your team; you’ll set existing team members up for success and career growth within Slack, as well as interview and onboard new ones as we grow.
- You’ll help our department scale and improve what we do by telling impactful stories through data, and increase knowledge and efficiency in our department through meaningful learning programs and onboarding.
- You’ll actively collaborate with your team, leaders in our department, and cross-functional stakeholders to discuss, plan, and implement improvements for CE.
- You’ll serve as a point of contact for any issues affecting your team, and will communicate openly and regularly with your team members about their performance, aspirations, and well-being.
What you have
- Proven leadership experience, and a passion for furthering the development of high performing individuals.
- Prior experience using analytics to improve a customer support team – you know how to see stories in data that help inform meaningful programs for the team, and have a deep understanding of the mathematical concepts that drive statistical analysis.
- Your have some technical knowledge of SQL (or a willingness to learn) and an understanding of how data can be stored and accessed.
- You are skilled at explaining complex systems or problems succinctly and clearly through many mediums, and find joy in teaching what you know to others.
- You have a genuine interest in the happiness, well-being, and success of everyone on your team; you feel fulfilled when they are reaching their fullest potential.
- You care passionately about customer support, and want to work in a fiercely customer-centric organization.
- You’ve got a college degree or equivalent professional experience.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.