Sales Development Intern, Summer 2019
Slack is on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive. We are looking for a Sales Development Intern to join our fast growing Sales organization in Denver.
Our culture is the north star that guides how we work together and with our customers. Are you looking to build something greater than yourself? Do you want to work alongside some of the most talented and dynamic people in the industry? If so, Slack just might be the place for you.
You are driven, curious, intelligent and deeply passionate about your craft. You will work with a diverse team of talented individuals looking to mentor and grow your career. This is a role that requires strong interpersonal skills, working well in ambiguity, and managing multiple priorities at once.
Our ideal intern is a team-player who has an interest in sales and taking initiative above and beyond the call of duty. You'll be part of the first interns of your kind in a new market for the business. Sound interesting? Come work with us!
What you will be doing
- Conduct context gathering and qualification calls with all inbound prospects in order to drive new sales pipeline
- Triage sales requests from cross-functional partners
- Manage the administrative aspects of gathering necessary information for calls with ESB customers (i.e. 100 - 250 customers)
- Facilitate conversations with inbound leads on Slack's website via live chat and scheduled phone calls
- Ensure that leads in Salesforce have the correct data and tracking that stale leads are correctly addressed
- Become a product expert and learn Slack's selling practices
- Keep meticulous records of interactions with leads in our CRM (Salesforce.com)
- Identify inefficiencies and implement improvements in our process
What you should have
- At least one prior internship in sales, marketing or customer success
- Commitment to pursuing a career in sales
- Comfort doing online research and compiling company information
- Familiarity with enterprise SaaS
- Consistent track record of overachieving
- Empathic listener and persuasive communicator
- Competitive, resilient, and highly motivated
- Detail orientation with ability to identify nuances in large data-sets
- A great attitude and love for teamwork
- A passion for tech
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program and must be graduating December 2019 or later
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.