Account Executive, Enterprise
Slack is more than just a tech company. We are on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive. We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our Slack Values are woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that is eager to do the best work of their life while supporting others in doing the same.
We are searching for an exceptional salesperson to focus on our largest customers and opportunities. The successful candidate will understand their customers’ business objectives and act as their trusted advisor for using Slack most effectively. They will gather customer feedback and requests while working with internal teams to help align our product roadmap. This person needs to communicate effectively across multiple departments and customers, have the ability to shift gears at a moment's notice, and enjoys the challenges of providing excellent customer service in a fast paced environment.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, fearless, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Ownership of the full sales cycle from lead to close
- Establish lasting relationships with senior executives and decision-makers
- Foster new relationships for Slack through outbound efforts
- Help educate customers on the value of Slack throughout the adoption cycle
- Navigate key decision makers to build Slack awareness within organizations
- Identify customer needs and collaborate with Slack teammates to ensure customer success with special emphasis on signup, upgrade, and renewal
- Initiate, negotiate, and close new and renewal contracts with customers
- Communicate and organize/escalate issues appropriately including: billing, legal, security, onboarding, and technical inquiries
- Collaborate and work with different members of the Accounts team (Technical Account Managers, Customer Success Managers, Leadership, etc.) to build strategic adoption plans for customers
- Prepare and educate customers on new features and releases
- Monitor and identify adoption and utilization trends
- Provide recommendations based on customers’ business needs and usage patterns
- Conduct periodic customer health-checks with an emphasis on customer happiness
- Serve as the voice of the customer and collect feedback to drive continuous improvement across all areas including product
What you should have
- 5+ years of Account Executive experience
- Relevant sales experience preferably in a SaaS organization
- Experience managing a pipeline and closing large contracts
- Excellent communication skills both with customers and within an organization
- Proven negotiation and closing skills
- Strong track record of navigating within large and mid-market organizations
- Ability to develop senior level relationships quickly and effectively
- Experience presenting to senior managers and the C-suite
- Ability to manage multiple opportunities simultaneously at various stages of the buying process
- Takes an active interest in increasing customer satisfaction and deepening customer relationships
- Ability to be flexible and adaptive
- Experience with enterprise SaaS vendors preferred
- Bachelor's degree required
- Some travel required
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.