Product Manager, Administration
Slack is seeking a product manager to help build the tools that our customers use to deploy, administer, and monitor Slack. You’ll be responsible for building a best-in-class administration experience that enables our customers to easily roll out Slack across their organization and continually maintain it. You’ll need to gain a deep knowledge of Slack’s product capabilities and rich understanding of customer needs.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- You will own end-to-end product plans and roadmap for features related to the deployment, administration, and monitoring of Slack
- Drive execution against our plan in collaboration with your Engineering and Design peers: making tradeoffs, anticipating staffing needs, risks, and ensuring frequent and clear communication internally and with customers
- Continually find ways to make our development process more efficient so we can deliver high-quality features to customers more quickly
- Partner with our research and analytics team to learn about customers’ real experiences managing Slack and find opportunities to solve their problems
What you should have
- Experience building and delivering successful products. You can take rough themes and big ideas and turn them into a roadmap with minimal mentorship
- You are passionate about Slack and the problem we are solving (previous enterprise software experience is not required)
- Committed desire to understand our customers and admins
- Talent for mediating competing interests and finding creative solutions
- You have natural leadership skills. You know how to influence people to get things done across any job function. People love working with you
- Strong written communication skills
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.