Senior Associate, Business Strategy
Our team works on global, multi-functional projects that are at the heart of what we do at Slack. As a member of the business strategy team, you will deliver insights that drive decision-making, execution, and investments for our most critical initiatives. The role will be driving strategic plans, analyzing business performance and implementing operational improvements to scale the business. Success requires analytical savvy, problem-solving sophistication and a dedication to making the highest impact. We are looking for humble, hardworking and collaborative individuals that can think on their feet and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
We are a lean team, which will provide you opportunities to present directly to our senior leaders. Your impact will be felt immediately!
Sound interesting? Then come work at Slack, we’re nice! :)
What you will be doing
- Drive high-impact analysis of internal and market data to generate insights that support our leadership team’s strategic planning and prioritization
- Support our multi-functional teams in driving flawless execution of global initiatives
- Own the end-to-end process: build work plans, synthesize relevant data, lead analyses and develop recommendations
- Gather and synthesize information from multiple sources to arm our go-to-market teams with a deep knowledge of the competition
- Communicate solutions confidently and effectively across Slack
- Build a consultative relationship across the organization by working deeply with our business partners on high priority projects.
We strive to build a culture that balances our values and have high standards of execution. You are someone who can:
- Master Excel, scenario modeling, sensitivity analysis, etc.
- Remain meticulous while working on a variety of projects
- Simplify huge data sets, complex problems and extract insights with frameworks and analyses
What you should have
- 4+ years of related work experience at a high-performing technology company or in management consulting; enterprise experience strongly preferred
- Advanced analytical skills (including data modeling) and business insight
- Experience dealing with unstructured business issues and successfully leading teams to resolve these issues
- Ability to build clear and concise presentations, and communicate effectively with managers and executives
- Strong project management skills
- BA/BS degree from a credible university
- You use Slack and love emojis
- Practical experience writing SQL queries and pulling data from relational databases
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.