Engineering Manager, Customer Experience Products
Slack is looking for an Engineering Manager to lead the Customer Experience Products Engineering team. Our mission is to help people everywhere discover the power of Slack. We work in four pillars: user education, help experiences, localization, and App Directory operations. To improve the working lives of our customers, we create innovative help and education experiences, localize Slack at scale, and make sure they have a world of highly useful apps at their fingertips.
As the Engineering Manager for CE Products, you’ll lead a hardworking team of engineers while actively recruiting to grow the team. We're looking for someone who understands the value of career development and will help our teams do the best work of their lives. You’ll help propel the team forward by facilitating project progress, process improvements, technical and personal mentorship, and general engagement and satisfaction at work.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture — we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together, we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, please say hello!
Some of the things you’ll do
- Lead and coach a team of engineers tasked with delivering reliable, scalable products and features
- Craft a meaningful vision for the team, working with other leaders in CE Products
- Define and fulfill our engineering hiring plan, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing
- Build a diverse team while fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment
- Represent the team in planning and product meetings
- Prioritize and allocate project work to your team
- Stay aligned on priorities with our partners in Customer Experience and cross-functionally
- Help implement effective engineering processes and policies
What you should have
- 3+ years of engineering management experience leading productive, high functioning teams. You can describe why these teams were high functioning and what you specifically did to ensure engineers felt productive.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- You are passionate about management, mentoring, and crafting opportunities to support your reports’ success.
- You love helping engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers. You don’t shy away from challenging performance conversations and you recognize the relationship between clear, direct feedback and career growth.
- You can anticipate future technical needs for products and craft plans to realize them.
- You excel at building roadmaps and can develop a long-term team vision in partnership with CE Products leadership. You hold yourself and others accountable for driving project execution.
- You are able to weigh several (sometimes conflicting) constraints and make quick, sound decisions.
- You possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- You are highly organized. With many people doing many things in a fast-moving company, strong organizational skills — both for yourself and for the team — will be required.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.