Project Manager, Customer Experience Products
At Slack, we consider an extraordinary customer experience essential to our success. The Customer Experience Products team’s mission is to help people everywhere discover the power of Slack. Our goal is to inspire minds and win hearts with innovative content and education experiences.
As the Project Manager for CE Products, you’ll be an essential part of creating the best possible operating model for our team to execute on our most important work. Your focus will be on scaling and improving the workflows of our highly cross-functional teams spanning multiple time zones. You'll act as a global project manager, responsible for driving projects forward and effectively managing time and resources for our product, design, and engineering teams.
We’re looking for an incredibly motivated and organized person who can prioritize work and set timelines while collaborating with multiple teams, and who has a real passion for contributing to innovative customer experiences.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture. We look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together, we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, please say hello!
Some of the things you’ll do
- Shepherd projects from start to finish: from crafting project plans and timelines to resourcing, execution, and follow-up iteration.
- Set project teams up for success with a clear and organized operational model: project kickoffs, team standups, regular updates, etc.
- Build out timelines and deadlines for projects, making sure every person knows what’s required of them in order for the team to deliver on time.
- Hold project retrospectives to learn from and improve our work as we go.
- Facilitate the gathering of feedback and consensus from cross-functional partners in multiple locations and time zones, and follow through to make sure feedback is implemented.
- Keep an eye on and continually communicate the progress of projects and any potential risks or delays.
- Understand and improve our team’s workflows and identify tooling and process needs that will help us scale.
- Help the team identify metrics to measure the success of new initiatives, track ongoing progress, and follow-up on long-term impact.
What you should have
- 2+ years experience in a project management role leading product initiatives on tight timelines.
- Creative problem solving: You’re resourceful, resilient, and adaptive, and will help clear the path for everyone to do their best work.
- A high bar for both written and verbal communication: You share information or decisions with clarity and context.
- Strong leadership and facilitation skills: You can expertly and effectively lead meetings like planning sessions, retros, and status check-ins.
- Exceptional people skills: You’re an inclusive and proactive communicator. You can work well with teams and cross-functional partners of varying disciplines, across multiple locations.
- Sharp decision-making: You can help a team work through any challenge, taking priorities, strategy, and business needs into account to inform project decisions and direction.
- A lightweight approach: You prioritize moving quickly and keeping the team aligned over time-consuming or documentation-heavy internal processes.
- An experimental mindset: You love helping teams take an iterative approach through rapid prototyping and gathering customer feedback as early and as often as possible.
- Familiarity with project managing support- or content-focused product teams is a plus.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.