Engineering Manager, New User Experience
Slack is looking for an Engineering Manager on the New User Experience engineering team. This team helps drive growth of Slack by using a metrics focused and highly iterative process of building new features to help find new Slack users as well as making our current users more successful.
We are an engineering team partnered with Product, Product Marketing, Design and Data Analytics and the work we do has a top-line impact on company goals.
This team puts experimentation at the forefront to drive activation and retention of new users and unlike traditional Growth teams, we have end-to-end ownership of core systems and components and we operate a portfolio of both large and small features. In this role, you will need to meld creative product thinking, a thirst for understanding people from a variety of backgrounds, and thoughtful use of data in order to build a compelling new user experience.
You’ll lead a hardworking team of frontend and backend engineers while growing out your team through recruiting efforts. We're looking for someone invested in their team's career development and that facilitates psychologically safe discussions around: project deliveries, process improvements, and mentorship. You should be well-versed in full-stack design principles and be able to give advice on code architecture and implementation.
- Use data to make decisions about prioritization and impact
- Have a real passion for experimentation
- Mentor and coach engineers on the team, helping them to develop into technical leaders
- Work closely with Product, Design, Data, and Marketing to conceive features that will help our users to successfully build their teams
- Build roadmaps and long-term team vision in partnership with the Product team
- Be accountable for driving project execution
- Define and fulfill the engineering hiring plan for the team, including screening and interviewing.
- Anticipate future technical needs and craft plans to realize them
- Collaborate with other engineering leaders on priorities, processes, and policies
- Represent Slack in industry events, and help promote the Slack Engineering brand
- You have 3+ years of engineering management experience leading productive, high-functioning teams.
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- You have enough technical experience to discuss architecture and product decisions with engineers.
- You have a proven history of shipping products with consistent execution.
- You are highly organized and thrive in rapid-paced environments.
- You don’t shy away from performance conversations and you recognize the relationship between objective feedback and career growth.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.