Product Manager, Developer Experience & Creation Tools
Slack is where work flows. It's where the people you need, the information you share, and the tools you use come together to get things done. Apps allow teams to bring more of their work into Slack that automate routine tasks and integrate with other tools.
Slack is looking for a product manager in Denver to focus on making it even easier to build Slack apps through new offerings to developers and Slack customers.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, creative, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Developing a product strategy and feature roadmap to understand the needs of people who build Slack apps across a range of technical levels and capabilities.
- Building an understanding of Slack app developers, both inside and outside large organizations.
- Creating new APIs to allow easier creation of new Slack app capabilities. Launching new services to support Slack developers and reduce friction for Slack development.
- You will build fundamentals that enable and grow the ecosystem of apps that connect Slack to productivity applications, together with our partner-facing teams.
- In tandem with engineering leadership, develop appropriate planning, prioritization, and release management processes to enable launch of new functionality for developers and Slack customers.
- Drive execution against plan, anticipating risk, and leading discussion via frequent, clear communication, both internally and with partners.
- Prioritize and design features for a variety of personas, from non-technical Slack users to Slack power-users to developers
- Understanding Slack user, administrator, and developer dynamics to build a healthy ecosystems
What you should have
- You have experience as a product manager working on technical products, especially APIs and developer platforms. Security interest or experience is optional but a plus.
- A passion for Slack and the problems we are solving
- Desire to understand Slack developers and users of varying skill levels and technical capabilities - their capabilities, needs, and how they work
- Ability to manage complex internal and external stakeholders and find creative solutions
- Track record of working with engineering and partner teams: people want to work with you again
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.