Senior Product Marketing Manager
Our mission is to make people’s working lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive – and our users are at the heart of everything we do and build at Slack. We’re looking for a Senior Product Marketing Manager to join our team and help us convey the value of Slack and our products in ways that deeply resonate with our users. In this role, you’ll lead the launch, education and ongoing engagement for our core products and features. You will also lead our end-user audience research and messaging work, in partnership with our research team. This role will live on our Core Product Marketing team and is highly cross-functional, requiring partnership with fellow marketers and colleagues in product, engineering, sales, comms, and more.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- You will develop highly differentiated messaging, craft go-to-market strategy and execute cross-functional launches to drive awareness, adoption and deepening engagement of new features.
- Represent the voice of the user within Slack by conducting ongoing user research, market research, and competitive analyses to inform new product direction and apply key insights to existing initiatives.
- Plan and execute ongoing activities to sustain awareness and drive adoption of key features post-launch. This includes running nurture and educational campaigns targeted to specific audience segments.
- You will collaborate with the sales and customer success teams, and own development of collateral including product data sheets, website, sales enablement materials and other marketing collateral that help tell the Slack product story.
- Build and manage an evolving suite of resources for current and prospective users, including guides, webinars, landing pages, media assets, and more.
What you should have
- 8+ years of related product marketing experience.
- You have previous experience with communicating clear and compelling messaging, delivering engaging presentations and crafting strong content (content examples will be requested).
- Experience with audience research, segmentation, and persona development.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity, ability to be dedicated in a dynamic environment, maturity to prioritize and understand where to introduce new processes without slowing things down.
- You enjoy mentoring early career colleagues and lead project teams.
- You are creative with a proven ability to tackle (or approach) complex problems in a unique or innovative way.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.