Senior Workplace Experience Designer
Slack is looking for a Senior Experience Designer to join the Workplace Design and Experience Group. The Workplace Design and Experience Group (WDE) is charged with elevating design and leading the transformation of Slack’s Workplace and built-environment experiences through a focus on elevated physical spaces, services and human experience solutions.
We're looking for someone who has experience with design thinking, communication design, and design research with a proven ability for uncovering unmet needs. As a Senior Workplace Experience Designer, you’ll take a multidisciplinary approach to driving actionable insights to inform a future vision for enhancing Slack’s employee and guest experience by introducing new approaches that create impact and value on our Workplace strategy.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you’ll be doing:
Design the Brief: Articulate the approach and strategy for projects and programs.This project could be for a new physical space concept, event or an employee experience service program. This brief will set the principles and guidelines for the detailed services and experiences that will be developed.
Deliver Design: Own and define the design opportunities in a given environment. Create innovative experiences and artifacts focusing on functionality, usability, and delight. You’ll often work closely with a variety of partners within a project team (architect, brand agency, Workplace designer) you will be responsible for delivering a holistic brand experience from concept to installation.
Workshop facilitation: Facilitate cross functional studies, visioning sessions and experience journey workshops at the outset of new projects and programs to ensure the work is grounded in insights, considers the entire employee/guest experiences, and is pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Elevating Practice: Clearly articulate the end-to-end service and experience to teams across the organization to achieve broad understanding and alignment. Deliver vision in a inspirational and meaningful way that clearly articulates the benefit and alignment to Workplace’s strategy.
What you should have:
- 7+ years experience designing with human-centered methodologies with in-depth knowledge and experience within another design discipline (communication design, design research, product design, environmental design, industrial design etc).
- The ability to lead multiple projects, priorities and partners simultaneously.
- Strong ability to synthesize findings that translate into actionable insights and design opportunities.
- Experience leading and being highly accountable for design quality and project delivery.
- Experience with concepting, ideation, and implementation in your respective craft
- Workshop planning and facilitation skills.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues, vendors/agencies, and other key stakeholders.
- Exceptional communication, storytelling, facilitation and presentation skills. Strong at crafting deliverables (presentations, frameworks, video and infographics) that persuade, influence and inspire multi-disciplinary teams.
- Proficient use of Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp, Invision and other digital software.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.