Staff Software Engineer, Frontend
What you will be doing
- You'll brainstorm with Product Managers and Designers to conceptualize new features
- You'll collaborate with Application Engineering to build new features for our large-and-growing user base
- You'll learn about new web technologies and discuss potential solutions to problems
- You'll help our skilled support team triage bugs and troubleshoot production issues
- You'll mentor other engineers and deeply review code
What you should have
- Expertise in building complex layouts with CSS and HTML
- Experience building and debugging complex systems in a team environment
- Experience with modern browser technologies
- Strong UX and design sensibilities, and a desire to sweat the small stuff
- Strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and empathy
- Self-awareness and a desire to continually improve
- Academic background in computer science (BSc or MSc)
- Experience with jQuery, Handlebars, or LESS
- Experience with WebSockets, Local Storage, or ES6
- Experience in small startup environments
- Experience designing web sites or applications
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.