Market Research Lead
Slack is hiring a Lead Market Researcher in San Francisco to oversee all of our market research efforts. You will not only be an integral part of the Research & Analytics team, but also the Marketing and Sales organizations. You will design and execute high-impact primary research, both qualitative and quantitative, as well as work with various vendors to lead projects.
You'll have the exciting opportunity to partner with Product, Marketing, Brand, Communications, Public Relations, as well as our Executive teams. If you are interested in leading the efforts to better understand the world of work, how it's changing, and the needs of today’s knowledge workers, we'd love to hear from you.
The Research & Analytics team aims to improve product value throughout the customer experience by understanding the how and why of team workflows, communication processes and cultures. We provide data at every stage of the product development cycle. In addition to conducting a variety of practical and impactful research, you're building and maintaining the strong customer-centered culture at Slack.
Our work ranges from formative to evaluative, with everything in between. We are looking for an expert market researcher who is passionate about technology, comfortable in a fast-moving organization and focused on shaping the narrative of Slack. You'll conduct best-in-class research to fulfill Slack’s mission of making working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Work across all business areas of Slack to better understand our customers and potential customers
- Conduct primary and secondary market research to inform go-to-market strategy, target audiences, and messaging
- Develop a vision and roadmap for market research
- Gather insights about customers and prospects by using various research methods—including surveys, interviews, and focus groups
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative results and convey those insights to the appropriate people in an engaging and actionable manner
- Work closely with other insights teams to tell a cohesive story
- Be an evangelist for customer research within Slack
What you should have
- 5*+ years of industry experience
- You have expertise in both quantitative and qualitative methods.
- You have experience working with diverse datasets—large and small, structured and unstructured, behavioral and self-reported.
- You love data, not only collecting data and understanding internal data tables and infrastructure, but also analyzing and combining diverse data sets.
- You are driven by results and have superb computational and analytical skills.
- Your interpersonal skills are exceptional and you’re passionate about setting new standards.
- You understand the value of storytelling and know how to partner closely with cross functional teams to achieve results.
- Experience with quantitative data collection and analysis
- Experience with statistical analysis software like R, Stata, or SPSS as well as some experience with SQL would be nice but not necessary
- Experience leading projects involving cross-functional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience leading & working with third party vendors
- Willingness to get your hands dirty
*Through trial and error we've learned that people don't apply unless we provide a guideline. But what’s more important to us than a number are the experiences you’ve had, and the skills you’ve developed, regardless of the length of time it took you to get where you are. Have 20+ years? Awesome, please apply. Have only 2 years, but feel you meet the requirements above? Great, please apply.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.