Senior Account Executive, Large Enterprise (Public Sector)
Slack is more than just a tech company. We are on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive. We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our Slack Values are woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that is eager to do the best work of their life while supporting others in doing the same.
As a Senior Account Executive, you'll develop partnerships with government accounts and help build out our government program at Slack. You will work within our Sales Organization to cover existing and potential customers within the sector. You are passionate about being part of a fast-growing company whose platform is transforming the way we all work. This is a strategic role where you will use your expertise and your existing relationships within the government sector to make a huge impact as we gain momentum in this vertical.
If you’re an established sales professional with a strong track record in helping customers achieve lofty goals, we should chat.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- You will manage and grow commercial business with existing and inbound public sector customers
- You will craft solutions within Federal, State and Local accounts as we drive more mature usage of the Slack platform
- You will develop partner relationships and establish strategy for channel GTM
- You will help analyze, prepare and present business cases on potential contracting vehicles, reseller options, and certifications as we assess the highest value efforts
- You will own and drive progress related to government strategy across a cross functional team of Execs, Sales, Marketing, Product, Legal and Operations
What you should have
- Blend of technical aptitude and account management/sales/solutions engineering experience in the public sector (SaaS experience strongly preferred)
- Deep understanding of FedRAMP requirements and the ability to help Slack navigate the FedRAMP accreditation process
- Deep awareness of various contracting options for federal procurement cycles including reseller landscape, certifications, legal contracts, and GSA schedule intricacies
- Passionate about Slack and the problem we are solving
- Experience with executive-level presentations
- Bachelor’s degree
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.