Regional Support Lead
Are you a leader in providing extraordinary technology support? Do you have interest in driving continuous improvement to processes that directly support the rapid expansion of a fast-growing company with a proven product? Slack is searching for a Support Lead in Pune who will take our support operations to the next level.
The Regional Support Lead is a mixed leadership and support role on Slack’s BizTech Support team. Previously known as IT, Slack’s Business Technology department (BizTech for short) is the foundation that enables every Slack team to do the best work of their lives. We make using technology simple, and ensure every solution offers insight and impact.
In this position you will provide front-line technical support in the Pune office and serve as a resource for all technical issues in the APAC region. You will be asked to travel to other Slack offices throughout APAC and EMEA, with occasional visits to SF to provide support and receive training. Meaningful aspects of this job include the opportunity to review and guide the technical performance of junior team members, and oversee company-wide technical initiatives.
As the primary lead in your region, you'll have significant opportunities for professional growth. You will assist the BizTech Engineering team with network changes and troubleshooting, provide AV support for events, and lead desk shuffles and technology upgrades.
In addition to support duties, you will also work on quarterly projects that advance BizTech’s “Slack on Slack” initiative. Projects in this space involve simplifying and improving core business processes using the Slack platform and integrations, workflows, and automations on other platforms. Your creativity and efforts towards streamlining and improving processes will have a direct impact on enabling the team to deliver high-quality service to Slack employees, and demonstrate how Slack's customers can use our product to provide extraordinary support.
- Front-line support in Pune and regional offices in APAC. Front-line support includes tasks such as machine imaging, equipment distribution, account management, and solving problems with computers, iPads, SaaS applications, and other office technology.
- Triage and respond to critical issues received in our Global Service Desk via Slack and Jira tickets, and coordinate passing tickets between regions to provide the fastest and most effective support.
- Providing support for emergencies during weekends and other support coverage gaps as part of our department’s on-call rotation.
- Support local Workplace teams with AV and event support, desk moves, and other workplace needs.
- Contribute to the strategy of the team’s growth and efficiency by executing and managing projects that have global impact.
- Keep our internal and customer-facing knowledge base up-to-date and expand its contents as you define processes and find solutions for common issues.
- Upgrade, fix, and maintain local Zoom rooms, and support AV during events.
- Collaborate with BizTech Engineering to complete networking and server-related tasks in APAC offices.
- Support Slack's ongoing growth by on-boarding and off-boarding Slack employee accounts, and managing local inventory with regular cycle counts.
- Briefing the Sr. Manager and other leadership on support health and systemic issues.
- Other technology-related tasks as assigned.
- Experience fixing Mac and Windows OS, software, and hardware problems.
- Experience administering SaaS services, including G Suite, Okta, Slack, Duo, Office 365, Adobe CS, Box, Dropbox, and others.
- Ability to tackle issues effectively and efficiently, and know when to work on solutions and when to coordinate with the rest of the team.
- Regular travel to offices in Japan, Australia, and India, with occasional travel to US and European offices.
- Familiar with iOS and Android device operations and troubleshooting.
- Interest and experience mentoring coworkers for their continued professional growth.
- Familiarity with endpoint configuration management tools.
- Familiarity with networking; able to monitor local networking equipment, triaging during outages, and upgrade/replace existing network hardware as directed by Engineering.
- Experience supporting video conference and other AV systems; Zoom Rooms experience preferred.
- Experience managing vendor relationships.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.