Senior Director, Customer Experience Services
Slack’s Customer Experience organization is at the center of ensuring that all customers — enterprise organizations or two-person startups, CEOs or interns, sales executives or receptionists — have an excellent experience when they need support. We’ve thrown away the traditional support department playbook to build something that serves our unique customer base, and we have a thriving system that provides industry-leading support to our customers while realizing enormous value to both our company and our employees.
In this role, you will be leading a global support organization spanning seven offices in five countries, covering our customer base of over 10 million daily users. Each one of these users is a person using our product to do their job, and this is a responsibility we don’t take lightly: it is our team’s mission to help everyone as quickly, accurately, and thoroughly as possible so that they can get back to work. Our work is to enable theirs.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Defining and executing long-term strategies that uphold our company’s commitment to provide excellent support to our customers. Our bar for quality is extremely high: we don’t aim for “good” or “great,” but for “how on earth does that scale?”-level excellence. (Good news for you: it does scale.)
- Collaborating with all other departments in the company to drive better customer outcomes. Nothing is off the table; find opportunities to improve our customers’ experience with our product or company and pursue them.
- Working with the Product and Engineering departments to ensure that pressing and emergent issues are top-of-mind. You will provide quantitative and qualitative information, crafted in useful and actionable ways, to help prioritize changes and get them in the hands of customers.
- Maintaining a highly adaptive organization that is capable of responding instantaneously and autonomously to every customer-facing issue.
- Growing the next generation of talent. You will create environments and jobs that allow employees at all levels to grow and thrive.
What you should have
- Experience running a 24/7/365 global support organization of over 200 employees across multiple channels (we support email, an in-product channel, phone, live chat, social media, and app store reviews).
- Experience at a SaaS company. You understand the general business model, how support fits into it, and the technologies that underpin SaaS products.
- Insatiable curiosity to find opportunities to improve. You devour data anywhere and everywhere you can find it, and you use it to build a picture of what to tackle next. And, when data isn’t available, you roll up your sleeves and work until you find what you need.
- An engaging leadership presence that comes across equally strong in person, over video, and through your writing.
- A strong track record of coaching and mentoring employees to grow into new roles and achieve increasingly challenging accomplishments.
- A proven ability to retain talent, and a belief that supporting customers is a career, vocation, and calling. You will have a staff of people — bright, capable, dedicated, hard-working, highly trained, and extraordinarily knowledgeable professionals — who have found the ideal company in which to practice their craft and who are with us for the long haul.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.