QA Engineer, IT
Slack is looking for experienced and skilled Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team. This is an excellent position for people who enjoy working on the full cycle of automated testing — creating a strategy, writing a plan, creating and executing tests, finding regressions, logging and verifying bugs, and creating comprehensive historical records of testing activities are all part of being successful in this position.
You will use your knowledge of testing and testability to influence better software design, promote proper engineering practice, bug prevention strategies, testability,,, and other quality concepts across multiple systems.
We’re a small but capable team of Software Engineers in IT that empowers the people at Slack to do their best work. We champion operational excellence by building high-quality applications, microservices, as well as testing and monitoring systems that help ensure we deliver a first-in-class experience for our employees. Our work serves a vital role here and influences teams across the company, including Marketing, Sales, Finance, and HR.
Slack has a positive, diverse and supportive culture—if this sounds like a fit for you, send us a note. We'd love to learn more about you.
- Work with various stakeholders across engineering project management, accounting, sales operations, and other groups to design, own, and deliver on test plans for Slack’s core internal business systems.
- Develop and maintain a robust library of test cases for both new and existing features.
- Design and execute regression test plans on an ongoing basis — Slack changes frequently and rapidly.
- Be a reliable, friendly, and non-judgemental source of early feedback on new functionality and feature changes.
- Work with other members of the Engineering team to ensure that testing is complete and thorough before launching.
- Provide immediate feedback to software developers and work with them to improve the product.
- Work with Engineering to isolate and reproduce defects across all parts of the system.
- Build automated test suites that cover a wide variety of scenarios throughout various data pipeline processes to ensure accurate results.
- Collaborate with others to identify and write clear, concise, and detailed acceptance criteria for new features and functionality
- Experience with web application testing
- Experience working with Chrome Developer Tools and familiarity with GitHub
- Organizational skills to capture and record detailed and accurate information about bugs and systemic issues
- Improvisation and flexibility. We operate differently than other teams. Standard QA processes won’t always work at Slack. Bring your bag of tricks.
- Extensive experience creating automated test suites that programmatically test large volumes of scenarios against web applications.
- Programming proficiency, ideally with Python or Ruby.
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Skilled with browser automation tooling, such as Selenium or Cypress
- Familiarity with case management software such as TestRail to manage test scenarios
- SQL Experience
- Experience testing against Salesforce, Workday Financials, or other large enterprise systems.
- Experience with teams operating with Capybera, Test Driven Development, or other test-centric methodologies.
- Experience with large-scale concurrent load testing, such as JMeter, Apache Bench, or OpenSTA
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.