Sr. Manager, Engineering, Workflows
Slack seeks an Engineering Manager to join the leadership of our Workflows team in Denver. This team is developing a new product line charged with making it easy for customers to automate internal workflows with Slack through no-code/low-code capabilities. Your leadership in our Workflows team will be key toward empowering customers around the world with new tools to transform how they work.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Lead, coach, inspire and grow a team of senior engineers in delivering scalable, flexible and secure products and APIs to our customers
- Craft a meaningful vision for the team, working in concert with product managers, designers, user research and customers.
- Represent the team to engineering groups internally, to executive leaders in various functional groups within Slack, to Slack’s current and future customers, and to our partner organizations.
- Ensuring we meet our commitments to ship high-quality software on time, and clearly communicating across the product development team and company regarding key milestones or any time there are risks to our commitments.
- Manage on-call responsibilities and ensure the team is effectively delivering a highly available service to customers.
- Build a diverse team while fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment.
What you should have
- Multiple years of engineering management experience leading productive, high functioning teams. You can describe why these teams were high-functioning and what you specifically did to ensure engineers were productive.
- You are comfortable leading a team composed of different engineering disciplines: frontend, backend, and mobile engineering.
- You’re excited to explain complex technical concepts and share your knowledge with diverse audiences both internally and externally.
- You can contemplate several, and often conflicting, constraints and make rapid decisions.
- You can anticipate future technical needs for the product and craft plans to realize them.
- You excel at building roadmaps and can develop a long-term team vision in partnership with other engineering teams on Slack Platform. You can then be accountable for driving project execution.
- You love helping engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers. You don’t shy away from performance conversations and you recognize the relationship between objective feedback and career growth.
- You should have a bachelor's degree or greater in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.