Sales Strategy & Operations Manager
Slack is looking for a driven, talented Manager with strong project management and execution skills, plus analytical and operational experience to join our Sales Strategy team. The Sales Strategy and Business Operations team is focused on using data and qualitative insights to provide recommendations to help to refine go-to-market strategy and operations. Within this team you will focus on supporting and partnering with our growing Americas Sales management team on executing some of our most strategic go to market and operational initiatives.
The Sales Strategy & Operations Manager will help drive and build the go-to-market strategy, processes, and workflow efficiencies for Sales. The role will partner with and help to build our Americas Sales organization. You should have experience leading and executing on high impact projects and establishing a strong operational framework. Experience with quarterly and annual planning processes, managing the deployment of sales territories at scale and analyzing data to provide recommendations on strategic go to market issues (segmentation, headcount deployment, regional territory breakdown) is important. The ability to partner with our broader team to improve our systems and tools (e.g., Salesforce.com, Anaplan) and operationalize change within Sales is integral to the role. You will be working highly cross-functionally with a focus on Sales and a lens into Marketing, Pre-Sales and Business Systems. For the right candidate there is flexibility in geographical location and in addition to San Francisco, we would consider candidates to work out of our New York or Denver offices.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Assist with quarterly and annual planning processes with a focus on territory mapping and and headcount planning
- Provide strategic support and project execution for Sales priorities through stakeholder partnership and proactive recommendations
- Frame and break down complex problems into key components, design and execute as needed to drive operational improvements that yield measurable results
- Identify inefficiencies, implement change management solutions, and track progress of planning, process, and tool improvements
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other members of the team and assist them in the execution of team objectives; over time direct management responsibility
What you should have
- BS in Economics, Finance or related field
- 7+ years of overall work experience. Prior Consulting/Investment Banking experience + relevant Sales Operations /SaaS experience ideal
- Constructive “can do” attitude and growth mindset; comfort with ambiguity and resilience in a high growth environment
- Aptitude for framing business questions in analytic terms and translating business requirements into useful datasets and analyses with actionable insights
- Ability to work with, organize, validate, query, and manipulate large data sets within multiple reporting environments
- Experience driving projects from start to finish and collaborating with cross-functional teams crucial; previous experience with strategic planning and execution important
- Comfortable and flexible working in a fast-paced and changing environment .
- Results-driven and self-motivated with the ability to multitask and establish and maintain deadlines
- Customer service oriented and able to partner with sales leadership
- Effective, clear, and concise communication skills
- Expert in Excel, PowerPoint, and G Suite
- Ability to travel as required.
- Proficiency in Salesforce , and experience using Anaplan is a plus as is familiarity with using Slack
San Francisco, New York, Denver
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.