Account Executive, Enterprise
Slack is more than just a tech company. We are on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive. We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our Slack Values are woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent eager to do the best work of their life while supporting others in doing the same.
You're an established sales person with experience navigating through Enterprise organizations. You should understand customers’ business objectives and act as their trusted advisor for using Slack most effectively. You'll gather customer feedback and requests while working with internal teams to help align our product roadmap. You should be able to communicate effectively across multiple departments and customers, have the ability to shift gears at a moment's notice, and enjoys the challenges of providing excellent customer service in a dynamic environment.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Own the full sales cycle from lead to close, including initiating, negotiating, and closing new and renewal contracts with customers
- Cultivate positive relationships with senior executives and navigate key decision-makers through outbound efforts to build Slack awareness within organizations
- Identify customer needs and collaborate with Slack teammates to ensure customer success with special emphasis on signup, upgrade, and renewal
- Communicate and organize/escalate issues appropriately including: billing, legal, security, onboarding, and technical inquiries
- Collaborate and work with different members of the Accounts team (Technical Account Managers, Customer Success Managers, Leadership, etc.) to build strategic adoption plans for customers
- Educate customers on the value of Slack and inform them of new features and releases
- Monitor adoption and utilization trends, providing recommendations based on customers’ business needs and usage patterns
- Conduct periodic customer health-checks with an emphasis on customer happiness
- Serve as the voice of the customer and collect feedback to drive continuous improvement across all areas including product
What you should have
- You have 5+ years of full cycle sales experience, preferably in a SaaS organization
- You have experience running a pipeline, navigating large and mid-market organizations, and closing large contracts
- You are an excellent communicator with proven negotiation and closing skills
- You effectively develop senior level relationships and have experience presenting to senior managers and the C-suite
- You can manage multiple opportunities at once at various stages of the buying process
- You have an active interest in growing customer satisfaction and deepening customer relationships
- You are flexible, adaptive, and resilient
- Ability to travel
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.