Sr. Business Systems Developer, Localization
At Slack, we consider an extraordinary customer experience essential to our success. The Customer Experience Products team’s mission is to help people everywhere discover the power of Slack. We want to inspire the minds and win the hearts of Slack’s customers with innovative content and education experiences.
As the Sr. Business Systems Developer for Localization on Customer Experience Products, you’ll be essential to helping us optimize our workflows and tools. At the same time, you will scale our translation management systems, connectors, and reporting processes. You will collaborate with several internal groups and be the point-of-contact for technical matters relating to localization within Slack.
We’re looking for an exceptionally motivated individual who can find creative solutions to our technical problems and work with groups of cross-functional stakeholders to ensure understanding and buy-in.
What you'll be doing
- Optimize vendor tools and explore how to scale our current translation management system
- Maintain localization tooling and ensure API connectors are set up to create efficient workflows & increase job automation
- Explore workflow automations to increase translation turnaround efficiency, thereby ensuring high linguistic quality for our customers
- Find solutions for maintaining an up-to-date translation memory within our translation management system
- Communicate with vendors around technical issues to ensure problems don’t interfere with translation work
- Investigate non-localized areas of the product and propose localization solutions to engineering teams
- Enable QA teams to do their work efficiently by providing tooling and technical guidance
- Create efficient processes for both translation and engineering teams
- Keep documentation of our tooling and technical processes up to date
What you should have
- You have over 2 years of experience working with Localization teams.
- You are passionate about localization and the problems we are solving.
- Technical acumen: You are comfortable breaking down and explaining complex technical issues in simple terms for a variety of audiences. Active coding isn't a requirement, but diagnosing issues and understanding the code will be essential.
- Exceptional people skills: You’re an inclusive and proactive communicator. You can work well with teams and stakeholders of varying disciplines, across multiple locations.
- Growth oriented: You are self-motivated, creative and adaptable with great analytical, problem solving and organizational skills. You can give and solicit constructive feedback.
- Process improvement: You have experience working to improve processes in a hyper growth environment.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture — we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together, we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, please say hello!
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.