Privacy Operations Lead
We are looking for an especially hardworking individual with a passion for privacy and data protection to join the Privacy and Data Governance team in Denver or San Francisco.
New questions and scenarios arise every single day, and we need an agile problem solver with privacy expertise to continue to execute on and improve our processes in order to scale with our business and the global regulatory landscape. You will provide privacy guidance to all teams within Slack to ensure that our policies address our customers’ needs and our own compliance obligations.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
- You will lead day-to-day privacy operations support for sensitive policy, privacy and data protection questions. You will act as the main point of contact for internal teams and Slack customers and use Slack and other internal tools, such as Zendesk to handle responses.
- You will act as a point of contact and escalation path for Customer Experience, helping the team navigate complex policy, privacy and data protection issues.
- You will support sales by participating in Customer meetings to explain and demonstrate Slack’s commitment to protecting Customer Data and compliance with different privacy laws, including the General Data Protection Regulation.
- You'll have the opportunity to partner with the sales team to answer privacy, policy and data protection questions.
- You will participate in trade associations, review draft policy language and ensure relevant stakeholders are kept up to date on the latest trends in global public affairs matters that impact Slack's core business.
- You will develop training material for Customer Experience policy specialists and for sales teams on privacy and data protection issues impacting Slack.
- You'll be expected to partner with internal teams such as Legal, Security, Sales and Customer Experience to identify privacy issues, propose solutions and translate practices into official procedures.
- You are comfortable with legal policy frameworks and enough technical knowledge to answer detailed customer questions.
- You're an excellent communicator with outstanding interpersonal and presentation skills, as well as the ability to write well and translate complex issues into simple language that people who are not experts can understand
- You have professional experience in global technology privacy and data protection
- You possess the ability to lead through influence in a cross-functional work environment
- You have experience working with a broad array of cross-functional partners in multiple locations in different time zones
- You've mastered excellent attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- You are highly self-motivated with proven ability to build professional relationships and improve productivity
- BA degree required. JD, MPP or other advanced degree not required but useful
- CIPP/E or other privacy or risk and compliance related certifications a plus (i.e. CISA)
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.