Slack is seeking a dynamic Accountant to scale with the corporate accounting team and support our rapidly growing organization. Reporting to the Sr Manager, Accounting, you will be responsible for a number of functions including day-to-day accounting and financial reporting.
Hopefully you are excited to jump into a fast-paced environment, affect process improvement, and promote best practices. Our team is humble and has a great synergy which results in us being highly collaborative, productive and results driven. We also enjoy a great work-life balance (really!) and stay connected using Slack!
Are an innately curious person, driven to do your best work for the sake of great work and lovely to work with? Then don’t stop reading! Come work at Slack! We’re nice too!
What you will be doing
- Perform month end balance sheet reconciliations including accruals, fixed assets, corporate credit cards, cash, T&E, and prepaids
- Lead system improvements and controls development
- Prepare support documentation and analytical schedules for reporting
- Monitor intercompany expense and funding transfers
- Prepare fluctuation analyses for balance sheet and expense accounts
- Liaise with FP&A and budget managers for financial information
- Facilitate audit request management and inquiries
- Assist on special projects and ad hoc assignments as needed
What you should have
- Minimum of 3 years accounting experience
- Big 4 or public accounting experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Strong understanding of US GAAP
- Detailed oriented, ability to meet deadlines, and able to multi-task
- Systems experience with major ERP (Workday, Oracle, SAP, Netsuite, etc.)
- Intermediate to advanced excel skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Experience with Coupa
- CPA licensed or candidate
- Positive attitude with high aptitude to learn new things in a fast paced environment
- Technology/SaaS experience preferred, multi-national experience a plus
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.