Statutory Accounting Lead
Slack is looking for a Statutory Accounting Lead to join our International Finance team in Dublin. As a member of the team, you will have the opportunity to support our rapidly growing global organization. Goes without saying but we’re an extremely lean team, so your impact will be felt immediately.
As a Statutory Accounting Lead you will be primarily responsible for the statutory compliance for the Company’s international entities. In this role, you will need to be an exceptional team player who is extremely organized, detail oriented, technically proficient yet cares about continuous improvement and is always striving to make things better.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative.
What you will be doing
- Planning and coordination of the statutory audits for International entities
- Preparation of statutory financial statements including all local GAAP statutory adjustments
- Preparation of consolidated financial statements
- Preparation of bridging files between US GAAP and local statutory accounts
- Liaising with auditors and service providers to ensure audit completed on time to budget with no overages
- Ensure all audit queries are responded to on a timely basis
- Coordinate with global tax team regarding corporation tax provision calculation and filing
- Perform R&D tax credit calculations based on qualifying R&D projects
- Work with Systems IT to establish statutory reporting on a new ERP system in line with local GAAP requirements
- Create strong business partnerships with third party service providers
- Assist in the setup and integration of new entities
- Keep abreast of technical updates and new accounting requirements in both local and US GAAP
- Work on process improvements ensuring appropriate controls are in place and processes are fully documented
- Assist in ad hoc projects
What you should have
- Professional qualification – (ACA / ACCA / CIMA or equivalent)
- Big 4 audit experience
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience of reporting under US GAAP and working within a global reporting structure.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge (US GAAP, IFRS, Local GAAP) with experience in Statutory Accounts and reconciliations from US GAAP to local GAAP.
- Experience with internal control / Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Strong organization and planning skills with a meticulous attention to detail; data integrity essential.
- Flexible attitude
- Good interpersonal skills, the ability to work within a team but also to take ownership to complete individual projects to tight deadlines.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.