Global Physical Security Operations Manager
Slack’s mission statement: to make your working life simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. Therefore we operate with the highest level of integrity and kindness to ensure that we are amplifying these beliefs when conducting business and building relationships to carry out this culture. Our team motto is “nothing is someone else’s problem”.
As the Physical Security Operations Manager you are accountable for leading the oversight, strategic direction, administration and governance of the physical security programs including facility security risk assessments, access control, alarm monitoring, CCTV systems, and assists in providing security related training in a manner consistent with policies, procedures, quality standards, company needs, and applicable local, state and federal regulations.
What you will be doing
- Ensures the physical safety of Slack employees, assets, and company reputation.
- Works with corporate partners to ensure Physical Security Site Implementation and Compliance Assessments.
- Conducts site security surveys/risk assessments for Slack facilities.
- Recommend and integrate security upgrades as needed to maintain regulatory compliance, industry standards, and to adjust to changing security requirements.
- Develops, maintains, and continually evaluates security access control systems.
- Continually evaluates, reviews, and monitors security CCTV and Alarm Monitoring systems to ensure proper placement, implementation, and configuration.
- Inform violators of policy and procedure violations.
- Conducts and participates in regular security awareness training and testing with offices globally.
- Leads and oversees the administration, management, and oversight of Physical Security operations across multiple locations.
- Supervise and participate in day-to-day physical security operations, including monitoring, analysis, detection and escalation of security risks and threats.
- Provide overall direction during execution of the incident response process, providing advanced analysis and direction, facilitating appropriate escalations and serving as the communications conduit to management and employees.
- Oversee daily operations of the contracted vendor security provider.
- Champions continuous improvement within SOC, identifying automation. opportunities and tools that could improve the ability of the team to detect and react to events.
- Direct the building and update Security Operations SOPs.
What you should have
- Subject matter expertise in the area of Physical Security.
- Possesses a strong working knowledge of security principles, policies, tools and procedures.
- Demonstrates strong breadth of knowledge in security with some understanding in at least one security platform or technology.
- Follows standard procedures to follow up on security incidents, collecting and reporting appropriate information.
- Possess a technical background in alarm systems, badging procedures and intrusion detection systems.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, and listening).
- AMAG experienced preferred.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.