Sr. University Recruiting Specialist
Slack is looking for a Senior University Recruiting Specialist to join our small but mighty University Recruiting team. You will be responsible for growing the team by hiring Engineering interns and new college graduates. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to play a key role in creating a world class internship program, including but not limited to campus events, creating and maintaining a diverse candidate pipeline, and building strong internal relationships with hiring managers. We’re looking for someone who is driven by the satisfaction of connecting students to fantastic opportunities, and seeing the impact of their work on a daily basis.
What you will be doing
- Partner closely with the Engineering organization to bring on board talent that matches their needs
- Execute our on campus strategy with support from the other University team members, including leading recruiting event logistics and external events
- Build and maintain relationships at universities across the country
- Source and target candidates early to build a diverse pipeline before the season begins
- Conduct a high volume of recruiter phone screens with candidates
- Manage the candidate experience, including the interview process, extending offers and generating offer letters
- Manage recruiting processes with our external partnerships (i.e. Code 2040)
- Prepare, deliver, and track all offers to candidates, ensuring a high level of data integrity with our ATS and other systems
- Handle and track all candidate and campus information, consolidate and analyze results, and make recommendations for improvements
- Proactively share data-centric updates and feedback with internal stakeholders to maintain aligned decision making and build trusted partnerships
- Act as a resource to interns throughout their time at Slack
- Thrive working in a constantly changing environment
What you should have
- 3+ years technical recruiting experience, experience with UR programs highly preferred
- Have confidence, be energetic, and able to influence hiring managers and talent
- Willing to travel
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as verbal and written communication
- You are able to multi-task and have exceptional attention to detail, all while managing work time efficiently
- Be a strong brand ambassador for Slack with an even stronger focus on candidate/campus experience
- You are a true team player, willing and eager to chip in when your team needs you
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.