Product Manager, Infrastructure
Slack is seeking a product manager to help build part of Slack’s Infrastructure as it scales to support the massive growth in our user base. You have had some experience as an infrastructure engineer or a systems engineer, and have been a product manager for fairly complex software systems. If you are the kind who can speak in detail about CAP Theorem or argue about the pros and cons of why one might choose Kafka over Redis for implementing a queue, this job is for you.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Develop product strategy and roadmaps for services that power Slack’s scaling infrastructure
- Along with engineering leadership, develop appropriate planning, prioritization, and release management processes to enable us to launch these new features rapidly
- Drive superb execution against plan, anticipating staffing needs, risks, and the need for frequent and clear communication internally and with customers
- Partner with Slack’s marketing, sales and support teams to keep the market informed of future releases and ensure the roadmap accounts for customer demand
What you should have
- You are a systems thinker
- Relentless desire and product management experience building and maintaining complex software systems in enterprise or SaaS space
- Willingness to have a fairly technical conversation with engineering and up level that while talking to outbound teams and customers
- Strong technical background and data minded to help develop and measure impact of a solution
- Passion about Slack and the problem we are solving
- You care deeply about getting the details right in order to ship a best-in-class product
- You know how to influence people to get things done across any job function. People love working with you.
- Your writing is clear and effective
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.