Network Engineer, Wireless
As an Engineer on the Core BizTech Experience (Core BTX) team at Slack, you will be part of a team of engineers who specialize in delivering reliable infrastructure and SaaS services to our users. These services are essential to ensuring that our employees have a delightful technology experience. The Core BTX Engineering team is seeking a Network Engineer with an accomplished background in both administration and automation. Although your focus will be on Wireless, you will be responsible monitoring and working on the full stack. As a Network Engineer based in Pune, India, you will partner with our San Francisco based team to design, implement, and support our global network footprint.
- Design, implement, and support scalable networking solutions to address a variety of business challenges.
- Excel in a dynamic environment with the capacity to multi-task and work not only on projects, but also provide operational support.
- Be a collaborative teammate who will work across multi-functional groups and be willing to mentor others.
- Drive consistent improvement by refining tooling, automation, and documentation.
- Provision and troubleshoot carrier transport and IP transit circuits.
- Configure and administer network monitoring tools, routers, switches, firewalls, and wireless infrastructure in a multi-vendor environment.
- Troubleshoot network failures and performance issues.
- Occasionally be required to travel domestically and internationally.
- Participate in an on-call rotation covering all of the above.
- Maintain and implement network configuration and security compliance standards.
- Identify internal process and automation improvements and deploy scalable technical solutions.
- Work proficiently with minimal daily supervision and bring proven abilities when working with production systems.
- Produce and maintain detailed and accurate documentation.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience with routing, switching and enterprise wireless technologies.
- Deep understanding plus a hands-on work record with network routing protocols and configuration, specifically BGP and OSPF.
- Mastery of key elements of enterprise network design, including office, campus, and global connectivity.
- Dedication to maintaining a consistent end-user experience on a global network scale.
- Advanced level expertise in wireless design, deployment and troubleshooting.
- Advanced deep understanding of network layer security including: Firewalls, 802.1.x, Network Authentication Systems, and VPN technologies.
- Strong knowledge of network device monitoring, logging, and automation solutions.
- A plus is to have prior experience with Meraki switches and access points.
- Another plus also is to have experience in multiple hardware vendor syntaxes including Juniper, Cisco IOS/AireOS, Arista.
- B.S. in Computer Science or similar field or equivalent experience.
- Ability to gracefully react to high-priority requirements with little or no notice, providing clear documentation and follow-through.
- Experience balancing contending priorities and work alone or within a team, all equally well.
- Excellent reliability, dependability, and trustworthiness in addition to exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.