Project Manager, Business Technology
Slack is looking for a Project Manager to join our Business Technology Team and help drive the implementation of People and Finance systems at Slack. As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing multiple systems projects across areas of people and finance. You will utilize your understanding of technical aspects of implementation to be able to ask important questions that help clarify and make key decisions to guide our teams to successful outcomes. You will develop successful project plans to deliver value to the organization while working with multi-functional teams that come together to deliver value for the organization.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, apply now!
- Work closely with partners to prioritize, plan, execute and monitor the health of each initiative.
- Cultivate positive collaborations at all levels and partner with delivery teams.
- Understand the business case behind each effort and can clearly articulate the value to partners across the business.
- Provide hands-on project management during discovery, design, development, testing, implementation, and post-implementation phases.
- Collaborate with technical owners and leadership to define project plans and initiatives then bring them to life and full fruition with an eye for optimization and efficiency.
- Lead projects end-to-end including: developing project plans, resource plan, scope, tracks dependencies and risks and develop mitigation plans and executes accordingly.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks, deliver on time against agreed-upon metrics.
- Communicate progress updates across vendors, partners, and leadership.
- Lead and facilitate working sessions, demos, adoption & change management approaches, and training plans.
- Play Scrum Master on projects across a virtual team that delivers on one plan.
- Experience running multi-functional initiatives, resource plans, tasks, and workflows in technical project management within a similar setting.
- Detailed oriented, and self-motivated, with strong analytical skills.
- Agile methodology or software development life cycle experience in business systems implementations.
- Demonstrable ability to handle risks, dependencies, resources, and vendors.
- Prior track record playing the Scrum Master role: leading standups, sprint planning, retrospectives, etc.
- Good social skills, relationship-building, and experience thriving in a collaborative environment with diverse multi-functional teams.
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multitasking abilities to get things done well and also quickly in a dynamic fast-growing company.
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience.
- PMP Certification would be a plus.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.