As the Curriculum Designer for CE Products, you’ll work with our Research, Product, Design, and Content teams to build a curriculum that will help our customers get as much value out of Slack as possible. You’ll build a deep understanding of our customers and their journeys, identify the content and learning experiences that will best help to move them forward at each point, and work with our team of Content Strategists to implement learning solutions.
We’re looking for a highly collaborative individual who can align people across multiple departments behind a common vision. You’re excited about developing compelling, data-driven learning experiences, and are passionate about using education to make our customers’ working lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive.
What you'll be doing:
- Work with Design, Product, Content, and Marketing teams to build a shared understanding of the Slack customer journey (and identify opportunities for education).
- Develop, curate, and maintain a compelling curriculum for self-serve customers using insights from our Research and Analytics team.
- Work with our customer-facing teams to deeply understand and empathize with the challenges our customers face, and turn those challenges into opportunities for delightful education.
- Identify content gaps and opportunities, and design experiments with Content Strategists & Product teams to deliver targeted content to the right customer, in the right place, at the right time.
- Test early and often, with a bias toward learning.
- Build a framework for curriculum development that can be used by stakeholders across the company.
- Collaborate closely with our Enterprise Curriculum Lead to ensure consistency & continuity for all customers, large and small.
- Consult with partners across the business to drive consistency and effectiveness in education.
What you should have:
- A strong grasp of instructional design and adult learning principles: You have a portfolio of brain-friendly learning experiences that you've designed for adult learners. Bonus points if you can tell a story about what data informed the curriculum you made, and how you measured the results.
- An experimentation mindset: You’re constantly asking yourself “what’s the simplest version of this?” You get learning content and experiences in front of customers as early as possible in order to derive insights, and use the data to decide how to best move forward.
- A data-driven approach: You use data to inform your decisions, and build curriculum based on what has been proven to drive impact. You don’t need to be an expert at writing SQL, but you should be comfortable with data and be able to identify opportunities to visualize and organize data in a way that drives better decision making.
- You look at problems sideways: You’re constantly on the lookout for new ways to deliver education to our customers and can speak to examples of product education experiences that you find particularly compelling, and why.
- A collaborative approach: You’re motivated by working with others to develop an approach that takes into account the perspective and expertise of the group.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.