Sr. Integration Developer, BizTech (Workday)
As an Integrations Developer, you will be working multi-functionally with business domain experts for HR and Finance to solutions for integrations to 3rd party systems. We champion operational excellence by building high quality integrations, as well as testing and monitoring applications that help ensure we deliver a first-in-class system. Our work serves a vital role at Slack and influences teams across the company, including Marketing, Sales, Finance, and HR. Slack has a positive, diverse and encouraging culture—if this sounds like a fit for you, send us a note. We'd love to learn more about you.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to capture requirements
- Configure, build, test, and deploy Workday integrations solutions
- Collaborate with peers to write, review and provide feedback on technical design proposals and participate in and contribute to code reviews.
- Write scalable tests, release plans and end user documentation to support our fast-growing organization
- Resolve (diagnose, track, and manage) integration issues requiring in depth expertise in the Workday solution
- Deliver Workday improvements, bug fixes, data setup, define test regression and acceptance criteria
- Closely work with internal Workday support team and business users to understand the business requirements, including working with 3rd party integrators
- Provide recommendations for standard methodologies pertaining to integration design and development
- 5+ years of experience building enterprise-level integrations with a focus on performance, scalability and security
- Preferred 5+ years hands on experience configuring, developing and testing on the Workday platform (Proficient with Integrations, Integration Security, Workday Studio, Cloud Connect, EIBs, BIRT, Calculated Fields, Report Writer, XML, XSLT, SOAP and Rest APIs)
- 3+ years experience with full-lifecycle project implementations
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant experience
- Working knowledge of Web Services (SOAP and REST)
- Good understanding of Workday’s business object model and relationships
- Ability to write code that others can understand, support, maintain, and expand
- Record of success delivering for production environment and new projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills —you effortlessly translate complex technical concepts for a non-technical audience
- Demonstrable ability to lead contending priorities successfully
- Experience with Workato, Mulesoft or other integration platforms
- Working knowledge of HR and Finance business processes
- Experience with Salesforce, PeopleSoft or other large enterprise applications
- Experience with building Slack applications
- Experience with integrating Slack with Workday
- Experience with databases that include Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, Hive, and Redis
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.