Sr. Staff Product Designer
Our team is looking for a Sr Staff Designer to help shape the future of Slack. In this role you will be responsible for the quality of the overarching Slack experience, working closely with designers and engineers across the org to envision, design, and prototype new products, features, and marketing.
Slack designers serve a vital role at the company, from creating the vision for new features, to the craft and finish of every detail in the product. We appreciate designers who think deeply, speak clearly, and embrace collaboration and feedback.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Collaborate with Design Directors and the Head of Design to drive design vision and strategy for Slack
- Collaborate with senior engineers to rapidly prototype and test new features and product concepts
- Own the development of Slack’s in-product visual design and branding, and motion design standards
- Partner cross-functionally with product and engineering leadership to represent the design team, lead design initiatives, and provide feedback in planning and product channel
- Work with designers across product teams and lead broad, organizational-wide initiatives, such as improving Slack’s design system and mobile design practices
- Help guide, improve, and implement design and feedback processes
- Be an active mentor for other designers, and help lead critique, design reviews, quarterly planning, and sprint planning
- Recruit and interview designers, and actively improve our inclusive design hiring process
- Be a vocal and public proponent for Slack design, help build our design community
What you should have
- 10+ years of extensive experience in a leading individual contributor role, on a product design team for desktop or mobile
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a foundation in typography, interaction and visual design, marketing design, and idea generation
- A track record of mentoring designers and design teams towards top performance
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
- Extensive experience closely partnering with product managers to develop the strategy and rationale for features
- Extensive experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bonus - Proficient in web technologies
- Bonus - Can personally build on Slack’s tech stack
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.