Group Technical Program Manager, Client and Release
At Slack, we are making work simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. Millions of users rely on us every single day to get their work done, and we take this responsibility seriously. We are seeking a manager for the Client and Release Engineering Technical Program Management Team.
In this role, you will lead a group of Technical Program Managers who are partnered with product, quality, operations, and development teams to define, build, and scale release processes and capabilities. As a TPM Manager, you understand the benefits of moving quickly and can champion release methodologies within your team and across the organization. You make decisions that are fair and consistent, with an eye toward velocity, stability, and scale. You thrive when given the chance to create systems and have a customer-centric mindset.
This role will have an unparalleled opportunity to influence the trajectory of development within Slack Engineering. This role is based in San Francisco.
What you will be doing
- Lead a group of technical program managers covering mobile, desktop and other platforms. Align team members to unblock and enable release engineering delivery at Slack.
- Create frameworks to identify and drive technical and process improvement opportunities
- Lead team to continuously improve tooling and drive process to develop predictability for release
- Define success for team and a framework for continuous release improvement
- Measure, monitor, and communicate release metrics internally
- Communicate status and schedules, manage risks, help reports evaluate trade-offs, and call out impediments
What you should have
- You are a leader that can help define the strategy, vision, and roadmap for Release Management at Slack
- Several years of experience managing a team or teams
- You have expert-level knowledge of release methodologies and can create new programs and processes
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with sufficient level of technical capability to effectively communicate with engineers, scope technical projects, and identify technical risks
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and experience leading activities across large organizations
- Proficient in Git, Github, SQL, data analytics, Grafana, and real time monitoring software
- Expertise managing release platforms and external partnerships
- Ability to work independently and communicate across multiple time zones
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or two years of equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.