Reporting to the Credit and Collections Manager, you will play a key role in Slack’s Order-to-Cash process.
Your primary responsibilities will be to ensure the timely resolution of receivables from your assigned client portfolio. You will also evaluate customers for credit worthiness, including credit limits and terms. This role is critical as you will be providing support to sales from the credit and collections perspective – ensuring accounts are current and issues addressed in a timely manner to minimize past due accounts, minimize order delays, and credit support throughout the customer life cycle.
We will invest time in your professional growth and development and we are committed to your success and want to help you achieve your career goals - all you need is the motivation to learn all aspects of the collections process.
Be prepared to work in a fun, fast-paced, and dynamic environment.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Perform collection activities of a strategic domestic and international client portfolio, including addressing and preventing past due account balances, collaboration with customers, and strategizing with internal customer relationship partners as needed to resolve/collect customer balances
- Ensure accurate customer records through proper account reconciliations, payment application, recording of adjustments (write-offs, credit memos, etc.)
- Partner with various functions in the quote-to-cash process including Sales, Sales Operations, Customer Success, and various finance functions to resolve client issues timely and accurately
- Evaluate new and existing client relationships by completing a thorough risk assessment including analysis and interpretation of financials including balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow statements
- Proactive annual credit review of existing client portfolios and recommend credit limit adjustments
- Weekly/monthly portfolio reporting of collections and credit performance
What you should have
- Bachelor degree in business discipline preferred – Finance, Accounting, or Administration
- 3+ years credit and collections analyst experience in a business-to-business, high growth and volume environment
- Credit and Collection Analyst experience that demonstrates an advanced skill set to manage a strategic account portfolio of no less than $15M in total receivables. You will also be able to support the business from a credit perspective to include credit evaluations interpreting financials and supplementing with D&B credit report information.
- Excellent customer service skills handling a variety of issues
- Superior oral and written communication skills when communicating with internal and external parties and at all management levels
- Strong analytical skills supported by sound reasoning and logic
- Proven ability to set daily priorities and work within given deadlines
- Thrives in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment and is flexible and adaptable to competing priorities
- Active participant in accomplishing group goals as well as individual metrics
- Intermediate to advanced skill set in the following:
- Microsoft Office (primarily Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- GSuite experience (primarily Sheets and Docs)
- WorkDay, NetSuite or other ERP such as SAP or Oracle
- SalesForce CRM - Classic or Lightning preferred
- Dun and Bradstreet – specifically DNBi or ERam preferred
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.