Corporate and Securities Counsel
Slack is seeking a Corporate and Securities Counsel to join our legal team. You will be an integral member of our legal team and will have the opportunity to operate independently in a dynamic environment to support the growing corporate and securities law needs of Slack. You will report to our Director, Corporate and Securities Counsel and will work collaboratively with various teams across the organization, including Accounting, Investor Relations, Communications, Human Resources and others, as well as with external counsel.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Help prepare SEC filings, including Form 10-K, Form 10-Q, Form 8-K, proxy statements and Section 16 filings
- Assist with disclosure committee process and ensure compliance with NYSE listing rules and requirements
- Assist in the coordination of board and committee meetings and provide legal support and governance advice on matters relating to board and committee best practices
- Support Investor Relations and Communications teams, including drafting and reviewing press releases, earnings releases, investor presentations and other materials, advise on Regulation FD and address other analyst, media and communication matters
- Assist and coordinate with equity administration matters
- Assist on other matters as needed
What you should have
- 3+ years of relevant legal experience at a top firm or in-house
- JD required. California Bar admission in good standing or qualified for and willing to maintain a Registered In-House Counsel status in California
- Experience drafting and coordinating securities filings, including Form 10-K, Form 10-Q, Form 8-K, proxy statements and Section 16 filings
- Sound judgment that balances legal requirements with practical business needs
- Strong interpersonal skills and team-first attitude
- Strong work ethic, excellent organizational skills and ability to handle many cross-functional projects simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Desire to learn new areas of practice, develop skills and expand responsibilities
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.