Senior Environmental Graphic Designer
Slack is looking for an Environmental Graphic Designer to join the Workplace Design and Experience Group. The Workplace Design and Experience Group (WDE) is charged with elevating design and leading transformation of Slack’s workplace experience through a focus on physical space, services and employee experience solutions.
As an Environmental Graphic Designer in the WDE group you'll use your advanced graphic design and illustration skillset to create unique graphic statements, art moments, and environmental graphics that enhance the total Slack workplace experience. You will apply your design sensibility to different materials to weave brand language into the architecture of our workplaces, events, built environments/displays and other collateral.
The ideal candidate is someone with experience working within project teams as well as independently to find the most creative solutions to each project, is comfortable presenting and communicating your design concepts to effectively communicate your vision, and a high level of design craftsmanship and attention to detail to ensure the highest quality of executions in collaboration with production vendors and execution teams.
What you’ll do:
• Develop and design environmental art and graphics for Slack global workplaces, events and other special projects that enhance the Slack workplace experience.
• Guide graphic, signage and wayfinding packages for new space builds.
• Elevate design expressions spatially through original storytelling concepts using appropriate 2D and 3D design techniques.
• Work closely with experience designers to uncover design opportunities that support the success of new programs and services.
• Assist in managing relationships with artists, vendors, manufacturers and architects to execute design projects.
• Contribute to the development of our Global Art Program.
• Contribute to and maintain Slack workplace visual design guidelines.
What we’re looking for:
• 5+ years experience in graphic design, illustration, branding and/or environmental graphic design.
• Strong interest in interior design, art, and installation design with impeccable taste.
• Ability to conceptualize and bring to life programmatic approaches to solutions.
• Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous work priorities, creative inputs and changes gracefully.
• Advance proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite.
• Ability to manage contractors/external vendors including freelancers, as well as design and production agencies.
• Knowledge of and sensitivity of evolving trends influencing design, materials and art techniques.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.