Business Development Manager, Platform
We’re looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to help our partners grow and to help our cross-functional team work smarter. You will source, drive, and build relationships with strategic partners across key B2B verticals. Ideally, you like Platforms and enjoy helping users find apps that make their working lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. A little bit more about you - you treat partners with courtesy and find delight in building successful businesses (for both our partners and Slack).
What you will be doing
- Drive creation of Slack integrations with companies offering software products and services to businesses and business users
- Be the primary point of contact for app partners both pre and post launch
- Work with product, engineering, and other colleagues to grow the Slack B2B ecosystem
- Understand and communicate market opportunities, needs and partner feedback to cross-functional team to inform product roadmap and prioritization
- Develop mutually-beneficial and trusting relationships with partners - make Slack a favored company with which to partner
- Define partnerships strategies and execute on go-to-market plans
What you should have
- 5+ years of relevant business development experience
- 8+ years overall work experience
- Passion about Slack and the problem we are solving
- Great track record of sourcing, developing, and maintaining partner relationships
- Strong product sensibility, and comfort with considering basic technical feasibility of partner integrations
- Experience developing first-of-kind, strategic deals which are creative and align business incentives with great user experiences
- Executive presence in working with senior leadership within Slack and within partner organizations
- In-depth experience operating within and leading cross-functional teams (product management, customer success, legal, finance, marketing, etc..)
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.