Slack is more than just a tech company, we are on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive. We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our Slack Values are woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that is eager to do the best work of their life while supporting others in doing the same.
The Demo Engineer role will help to build and manage one of the most valuable sales assets: a demo environment. This is the core customer facing demo template used by Solutions Engineers, Account Executives, and others across the company. This individual should be passionate about creating and executing demos, have deep knowledge of Slack and a desire to contribute to the greater good.
- Create the world's best demo environment and tools for the Sales organization
- Provide thought leadership on demo development and execution
- Increase sales success by improving demo quality and ability to innovate
- Increase SE productivity by reducing time required to configure demos
- Design and build new demo scenarios that highlight the value of our platform.
- Track, research and implement solutions to issues affecting those using the demo environments
- Document changes and track progress toward goals
- Become an expert in the Slack platform and deliver creative ways to bring integrations to life
- Monitor Slack and respond to inquiries, test, track and resolve issues
- Identify opportunities for automation and develop specifications for new tools
- Stay up to date on upcoming features and own the demo strategy for them
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; a knack for delivering compelling presentations
- A love for design and building from scratch; problem-solving is in your DNA
- Familiarity with navigating an API and Slack app development
- The technical aptitude to understand system integrations, data migration, and implementation considerations
- The ability to work independently toward deadlines and a willingness to take ownership of issues
- Computer Science or equivalent bachelor's degree required
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.