Sr. Customer Experience Agent, Policy
At Slack, we consider Customer Experience essential to our success. We have a healthy roster of high-profile companies that rely on Slack for their day-to-day communication, and we want to provide them with the best service possible. Our Customer Experience team's top priority is to make our customers successful and ensure that their experience using Slack is a pleasant and productive one.
Building trust with our customers is critical to Slack’s success. The Customer Experience team is looking for a Senior Policy Specialist who is passionate about user privacy and maintaining customer confidence, by providing excellent and timely service. New questions, scenarios and challenges arise every day, and we need an agile problem solver to evaluate, take ownership of and respond to complex customer inquiries with precision and care. Through high-quality customer interactions, this global team works to safeguard our user data while enforcing Slack’s policies to cultivate customer trust.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative.
What you will be doing
- Own and effectively resolve customer inquiries in a considerate and timely manner, composing thoughtful, personalized responses for a variety of customer requests
- Act as a subject matter expert on Slack's internal policies around privacy, security, and user data for the global Customer Experience team, to help resolve escalated and sensitive customer requests
- Work alongside Policy Leads and Managers to provide input and feedback on internal policy resources and processes, advocating for our customers' safety and trust
- Contribute to the ongoing learning and success of the team, and the company, by sharing knowledge through cross-functional collaboration and aiding in ongoing documentation refinements
What you should have
- You have professional experience in Internet policy or in a technology policy role
- You care deeply, genuinely and passionately about customer support and about the role it plays in making a customer-centric team successful
- You achieve success working independently and with colleagues across multiple time zones
- You exhibit diplomacy, tact, and poise under pressure when working through customer issues and know that every bit of work you do makes a real difference in making a customer successful
- Protecting the privacy and integrity of customer data is your north star, and you know when something is over your head and are not afraid to ask for help
- You are skilled at explaining technical problems succinctly and can translate complex issues into simple language that people who are not experts can understand
- You are a strong, confident, and exacting writer, able to strike a healthy balance between conversational English and formal policy language
- You can work with us in our office in Toronto, Canada
- You have a post-secondary degree or equivalent professional experience
- You have experience interacting directly with both enterprise and consumer customers
- Fluency in French
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.